Wednesday, May 24 at 8 PM - 9:30 PM
Bentley Music Academy Malaysia
Wisma Bentley Music 3 Jalan PJU7/2 Mutiara Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya
From the procession of the medieval king to the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, National Symphony Orchestra Wind Ensemble is going to explore how the composers were influenced by the stories to create their masterpieces. The ensemble will also be presenting some selections from the renown musical illustrations work by Modest Mussorgsky, Pictures at an Exhibition.
Based on Weber's opera, Der Freishütz, Paul Taffanel has transformed 3 of the arias into a technically and musically demanding work for flute and piano, which is going to be performed by Foo Chie Haur and Yong Sue Yi. Together, they are also presenting a flute sonata by Sergei Prokofiev.
1. Darius Milhaud - La Cheminée du Roi René (Fireplace of King René), Suite for Wind Quintet
2. Paul Taffanel - Fantasy on "Der Freishütz" (The Freeshooter) by C. M. Von Weber for Flute and Piano
3. Sergei Prokofiev - Suite from Romeo and Juliet for Wind Quintet
4. Sergei Prokofiev - Flute Sonata in D major
5. Modest Mussorgsky - Selections from Pictures at an Exhibition for Wind Quintet
Pengurus Anjung Tradisi